Handcrafted inspired by the beach
I love the to look at the beach, to listen to the sound of the waves crashing, to watch for wildlife approaching the shore or lounging in the kelp. I am not your typical Californian though, I don’t like to sunbathe on the beach, or really even lounge on the beach. I do however enjoy a nice ocean front room in Monterey, relaxing on the balcony with my camera in hand.
With all the crazyness in the world since COVID-19 hit the US taking a trip to Monterey just hasn’t been in the cards. Instead I’ve had to settle for trips to the Martinez Waterfront.
I wanted to find a way to bring the ocean I had been dreaming of to reality, so my creative brain went to work! I started with a small ceramic tray and worked with Counter Culture DIY Resin (my go to resin of choice!) as well as some of their colorants to create this wave scene.
Creative ways to use this ceramic Serving tray:
- Perfect for a breakfast in bed situation (picture a juicy fruit salad with a bagel and cream cheese)
- Have a guest visiting, or own a short term rental? Leave a few small chocolates or macaroons along with a hand written note on this ocean inspired serving tray as a surprise when your guest arrives.
- Leave it on your vanity to display your favorite pieces of jewelry
- It would make an inspirational key tray!
- Do you partake in medical Mary Jane? Or maybe you roll your own cigarette’s – this would make a great rolling tray.
- Next time you host book club, make a mini charcuterie and display it on this ceramic tray
- Leave on your vanity and display your favorite soaps.
Do you want to see more of my beach inspired projects? Check them out here.